Monday, June 20, 2011

Rocky mountain high....Colorado

Here are the second half of the pictures from our trip. I didn't use my camera for the first part and am in the process of working on getting them uploaded...so until then, I cannot let these pics sit here any longer. My two college roommates, Tricia and Amy and I went to Colorado a few weeks ago on a girls weekend. Then we met up with my highschool friend Kelly who lives out in Boulder. What a great trip! And a big thank you to the hubbys for holding down the fort while we were gone. It was about about 5 years ago that we last took a girls trip to Florida, so needless to say it was long overdue!

On our way from Colorado Springs to Breckenridge
I was so amazed at the flat, dry farmland that we passed on our way and in awe of the snow covered mountains. Amazing to think that one of the ski resorts is still open!
Me, Tricia, Kelly and Amy
My friend Kelly (from high school and a lot longer than that really) lives in Colorado and met us in Breckenridge for a couple days.
Dinner at Breckenridge Brewery on our first night
We began our trek on the Colorado Trail close to Breckenridge. The altitude really made such a difference as we hiked up the mountain.
Old roomies from OU
How could we really have met 14 yrs ago!!! craziness!
And to think that Kelly and I have been friends for somewhere close to 2 decades...wow.
Thanks for meeting up with us Kelly! I had so much fun seeing you!

Lovely little spot to sit and have a snack
Downtown Breckenridge
It was so nice to sit and talk over a flight of wine, plus a few appetizers here and there.



While in Breck we saw some funny signs that we had a good laugh over.

"Men are like fine wine. They all start out like grapes and it's our job to stomp them in the dark until they mature into something with which you'd like to have dinner."
Ha or dare I say "LOL"
And like a dumb@**, I took this photo while I stood on their small lawn. oops
Some drunk girl gave this to the Crepe buggy that I had to stop by one night.
View from the top of Red Rocks Amphitheater
I was in awe of this place and cannot wait to come back with Mark to see a concert here. What a beautiful and amazing place!

Concerts began at Red Rocks in 1906 on a small platform and the construction of the amphitheater was completed in 1941.
Before
After
(It can seat around 9,450 people)

lunch at Red Rocks Park
Whitewater Park in Denver (right by REI) where the kayakers practice and the innertubers get in the way

No comments: