Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ann Arbor and produce from the garden

Caden had his 1 year well check last monday and here are the string beans stats!
20lbs 12oz (20%)
29 3/4" long (50%)
17 1/2"head circum (10%)
Dr Willimitis said everything looks good! He has officially stopped drinking formula and is now loving the whole milk and "big people" food!

Last Thursday Caden and I were invited to go to the club with our neighbor, Ruth for lunch. He loved the baby pool and watching the big kids jump in and out of the water...soon, Caden, soon.



We had Allison (Shenk's) and Kel's wedding this past weekend in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We left Friday around 2:30pm and met Michelle (Mark's sister) and her friend Danielle (sorry, not pics on my camera Dani) first at our house and then carpooled up to Ann Arbor. After almost 3 hours, we made it to the hotel, checked in and prepared to walk around town. What a great city! We had so much fun walking around town and checking out the restaurants and outdoor music. We ate at a local brewery and then sat outside to enjoy the wonderful weather at another bar. Caden loved all the people walking by and was great until about 8:30pm when it was time to go back to the hotel.
My parents (along with Aunt Mary and Uncle Tom) met us Sat morning at our hotel for breakfast. We thought Caden might make it to the ceremony, but because he didn't take a nap he hung out with my mom/dad around town. They walked down to Kerrytown district and we met them there after the ceremony, which was absolutely beautiful! We changed clothes, had lunch and then walked around downtown Ann Arbor in and out of all the shops. Here is a blurry pic of a pastry chef working on a wedding cake. After the pic was taken I looked on the wall and saw a huge check that she had won from the Food Network Challenge for Disney cakes, she did a Nemo cake. Unfortunately, I do not know the name of the bakery, but they also made cupcakes too! Caden finally pooped out and needed a nap so the boys went back to relax at the hotel while mom and I shopped some more. The reception was fantastic, especially the band and the food, ok it was all great! Congrats to Allison and Kel! Have fun in Hawaii!
I decided to use some of the scrapbook items that I have to be creative and make thank you notes for Caden's bday party. I just don't think I have it in me to be a scrapbooker.
Tomatoes everywhere! In trying to not waste any of our tomatoes from the garden, it has made for a busy couple of weeks! So far our produce has allowed me to make the following things this year: zucchini bread, pickles, pickled banana peppers, eggplant parmesan, salsa, pizza sauce, marinara sauce, fried banana peppers, tomato sandwiches and other random dishes. I will try to include some of the recipes on here when I get a chance.

No comments: